BCPCH LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION
With the elevation of the Bureau into a Commission, the Bangsamoro Commission for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage (BCPCH) will conduct a contest in the selection of its OFFICIAL SEAL/LOGO that would visually represent its mandate, functions and identity.
Having the primary responsibility of writing the history of the Bangsamoro people, BCPCH shall further preserve the history, culture, arts, traditions and the rich cultural heritage of the Bangsamoro people and their sultanates.
Outlined in the Article IX Section 25 of the Bangsamoro Organic Law under Arts and Culture, the BCPCH shall establish and sustain the cultural institutions, programs and projects in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region by coordinating and working closely with national counterparts such as National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP), National Museum of the Philippines and other concerned cultural agencies.
The Commission shall also establish libraries and museums, declare and restore historical shrines and cultural sites to preserve the Bangsamoro heritage for posterity.
The rules and mechanics are herein enumerated for guidance of all creative individuals, viz:
1.) The contest is open to all interested individuals.
2.) Participants may submit only one (1) entry that must not be similar to other existing logos.
- Logo design – digitized format (at least 300 dpi) or PDF format
- A brief description or rationale (not more than 100 words) explaining the logo, its elements and meaning.
4.) Each design submitted must have 2 version/formats: (full-color, black and white/gray scale)
5.) The designer must consider that the logo design has to register clearly even in its smallest application (example, the Ministry letterhead).
All entries must be e-mailed to:
[email protected] on or before February 15, 2021, together with contestants’ basic information (Name/address/contact information)
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
The seal/logo making competition shall be judged according to the following criteria:
- Concept/Relevance 40%
- Originality 30%
- Creativity and Impact 30%
- The winning entry will be chosen on February 18, 2021 upon the deliberation of the judges. The decision of the judges is final and non-appealable.
- The designers of the top two entries shall be notified through email and mobile call from a designated BCPCH Staff.
- The winning entries shall be announced officially on February 26, 2021 for the following awards:
- Winning Entry – Plaque + Php 10,000.00 cash prize
- 1st Runner-up – Certificate + Php 5,000.00 cash prize
The Commission shall also have exclusive rights to the winning design; publish it on its website, and in other media and materials such as letterheads and envelopes. The Commission reserves the right to further refine or make improvements and alterations on the final artwork of the winning entry.
For further inquiries, you may contact the BCPCH-BARMM thru Ms. Alesa Krista Valensoy at 09262375500 or via (064) 552-0028 or email us at [email protected]